I’ve really enjoyed my IPSY subscription so I wanted to try and do a six-month review, the good, the bad, and the awesome.
Let’s face it, the added benefit of a cute little makeup bag is a huge plus (at least to me)! Of all the bags, I have to admit I really do like the Dec bag the best. My least favorite was the October bag, but honestly it’s not that bad! I also really like the different zipper pulls!
I always like bad news first, so let’s get it out of the way and focus on the best of IPSY. I’m not going to go through and review/list everything, just highlight specific ones. Feel free to look over my IPSY post for everything in one place and links to each months’ review.
Honestly, the “Bad” is really the only thing that I won’t use. For 6 months and only getting five items I will never use is really awesome! Four of the two are items I will never get again in my bag thanks to the opt out. If you look at everything, I defiantly got my sixty dollars worth! I also got to try so many different products that I’ve never tried before, Well worth it! Bring on the next six months!
The Bad – I won’t use this stuff
- Face Primer. I’ve tried two, and my face just doesn’t like TOO much stuff on it. I only use liquid foundation about half the time that I wear makeup, if I use it too frequently I tend to break out. Adding the Face Primer into the mix seemed to make it worse.
- Nail Polish – I just don’t use it to make it worth while. I will put some on my toes from time to time, but that’s it.
- Liquid Illuminator – I just don’t find this is a product for me, it fits right in with the face primer.
- Brow Pencil (Not pictured) – This fell apart right away and was a huge disappointment.
The OK…I will use it but it will take a LONG time to use up.
- Liquid Lipstick – The color is OK, I liked it at first but I’ve only used it once or twice more.
- Conditioner – This stuff just wasn’t for me. I put it in OK because it is a good conditioner and I’m sure I will use it at some point.
- Brightening Peeling Gel – I just don’t get this stiff, it didn’t really do anything to me.
- Face hydrating mask – It’s not bad, I do use it some in the winter, but I wouldn’t buy more.
- Nail Polish Top Coat – I admit, this stuff is one of the better Top Coat’s I’ve used, but with how much I use nail polish this will last me a lifetime.
- Bellapierre blush – This is OK, the color is nice but I find myself not using the loose powder much at all.
The Good – I like them, but not good enough to get more
- Leave in Conditioner – This stuff is great, I did buy the shampoo and conditioner, but in the end I found that the Maracuja Oil works WAY better. I will continue to use the spray bottle for hair, just with water only.
- Hey Honey – This stuff is OK, but I didn’t see any benefit for me.
- Eyeshadow and blush – The three posted are all good, I do use them often. I like to try different ones, so I’m sure I’ll continue to find more I like better. The Cabana Boy is my favorite and I actually like the color of the Mannakadar when I can open it.
- The Mascara is nice, but I really want to try more. I feel it clumps too much for me.
- The perfect Pout color Lip Balm – I use this stuff, but I always like to try different ones. The color is nice, but it’s not my perfect color that I would have to replace.
- Lip Treatment – This stuff is really nice, but there are cheaper things that work just as good.
The Awesome – Truly Awesome!
- Makeup Wipes! I fell in love with them! I found more on sale and I’m set for at least a year (I hope).
- Liquid Eyeliner. I love the silver eyeliner. When I was younger I always loved silver eyeshadow, and having the silver eyeliner helps brighten up my eyes.
- Perfect Lip Color – I found two different lip colors that look great on me.
- Tarte Maracuja Oil – This has been life changing! Maybe not life changing, but it’s really worth it and I will defiantly buy more.
- Chap Stick – This stuff is high quality!
- Brushes – I really need more; I’m looking forward to another one next month!
- Concealer – This stuff is really nice. I will defiantly use it but it won’t be a daily usage for me.
- OFRA Powder, both banana powder and an eyeshadow and bronzer – both are awesome!